We are very pleased to have secured a very limited number of Orchestra Premium (Rows H & I center right) seats for this Cycle and we can now provide some further information about next spring’s program in New York. Each seat includes a tax-deductible charitable contribution of $900 (US taxpayers) and, as Silver Ring Leaders, you are guaranteed this prime seating and privileged access to all the special events surrounding the exciting revival of Robert Lepage’s groundbreaking interpretation of Richard Wagner’s masterwork at New York’s Metropolitan Opera.
- Gala dinner before Das Rheingold
- Opportunity to attend a rehearsal
- Lectures and Panel Discussion
Reserve your Premium Orchestra seat for the 2019 Met Opera Der Ring Des Nibelungen
Monday, April 29 at 7:30pm Das Rheingold ......... Harmer, Barton, Cargill, Ernst, Siegel, Volle, Konieczny, Groissböck, Belosselskiy
Tuesday April 30 at 6:00pm Die Walküre .............. Goerke, Westbroek, Barton, Skelton, Volle, Groissböck
Thursday, May 2 at 6:00pm Siegfried ..................... Goerke, Morley, Cargill, Schager, Siegel, Volle, Konieczny, Belosselskiy
Saturday, May 4 at 6:00pm Götterdämmerung ...... Goerke, Haller, Connolly, Schager, Nikitin, Konieczny, Owens
Optional Met performances on non-Ring days:
- Wednesday, May 1 Rigoletto (Luisotti: Gagnidze, Hymel, Feola)
- Friday, May 3 Poulenc’s Dialogue des Carmélites (Nézet Séguin: Leonard, Pieczonka, Mattila, Morley, Cargill).
Please let us know at registration should you wish us to purchase tickets for these operas and the charges will be added to your nal account. Price range $300-350 first category.
All the stops are being pulled out to ensure that these performances will represent the acme of artistic excellence, led by experienced Wagner specialist and Swiss native Maestro Philippe Jordan with a supreme cast that only The Met could command: Christine Goerke is arguably the world’s leading Wagner soprano and both Michael Volle and Greer Grimsley are faultless in their portrayals of Wotan/ Wanderer. In our Cycle we are also extremely fortunate to have Austria’s Andreas Schager, Europe’s leading Heldentenor in the key role of Siegfried, making his Met debut.
We have selected the Warwick New York, a historic landmark luxury hotel, ideally located at 65 W 54th Street and Sixth Avenue, as the base for our week together, with Premier King or Double rooms as the standard accommodation. See www.warwickhotels.com
While detailed planning for daytime inclusions is still in process, we will likely be including curator-guided visits to either the Whitney, MoMa or the Breuer and we will work in the opera educational elements as further details of the Met’s program are released.
- Six nights Premier King or Double at the Warwick New York
- Silver Ring Leader premium seating and associated privileges
- Private coach transfers to/from the Lincoln Center for Ring operas
- Dinner before Das Rheingold
- Three further dinners/lunches
- Two half-day guided art events
- Lectures and panel discussions (to be detailed later)
- Backstage tour at Lincoln Center
- All gratuities for guides/drivers, etc.
- Act 1 Tours’ principal/host throughout
- $7,650 per person with shared accommodation
- $8,850 per person with single accommodation
$900 per person tax-deductible donation to the Met within pricing
Extra night hotel $400, including all taxes. Extra operas at market cost.
Non-refundable deposit of $3,950 per person (including $900 donation) is payable at registration with the balance due by February 28, 2019. Payment is due in full if registering after this date.
Trip Insurance is strongly recommended to avoid financial loss in the case that the need to cancel arises. Act 1 Tours can arrange suitable coverage on your behalf and some policies waive pre- existing medical conditions if purchased within 15 days of making an additional deposit.