Der Ring des Nibelungen (Pappano; Lundgren, Kränzle, Skelton, Magee, Stemme, Connolly, Vinke).
- Eight nights’ Deluxe room at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street
- Daily full English breakfast
- Prime Orchestra Stalls seating for four operas
- Seating premium to secure tickets
- Two dinners, Oxford lunch and two intermission refreshments
- Oxford & Cambridge Club luncheon
- Barry Millington Wagner-related lecture (to con rm)
- City of London walking tour
- Tate Modern privately curated tour
- Day excursion to Oxford with guide service
- Driver, guide and restaurant gratuities
- Act 1 Tours’ partner throughout
First staged in 2007 as a complete tetralogy and revived in 2012, director Keith Warner’s version of Richard Wagner’s masterwork returns once again to the Covent Garden stage in fall 2018, with four complete Cycles. Eagerly anticipated and boasting an exceptionally strong cast led by Royal Opera’s Music Director Maestro Antonio Pappano, there has been an overwhelming demand for seats, and especially for the opening Cycle, when anticipation and excitement is at its height. Act 1 Tours’ long-term relationship with the ROH has secured a limited allocation of prime seats and we look forward to welcoming a small party of Wagner a cionados to London next September.
The four operas take place on the afternoon/evenings of September 24, 26, 29 and October 1, so there is plenty of time available to enjoy the myriad other attractions of the nation’s capital.
While English National Opera and other performing venues are still to announce their 2018/19 programs, you can expect to be able to build other musical events in to your personal program closer to the time. Of course, there will also be many West End plays and musicals to choose from.
The Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street hotel is ideally located for the Royal Opera House and the Theatre District and there is the option to upgrade to the Covent Garden Hotel, nearby on Monmouth Street. Upgrade requests should be made at the time of your reservation.
Our program is designed to be quite unstructured, although we have included two mornings of sightseeing in London and a full day excursion to the city of Oxford, where we will explore some of the colleges and visit the Bodleian Library.
This tour is limited to 10 participants.